Apr 05, 2021
6 Potential Health Benefits Of Resveratrol
esveratrol (3,5,4'-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene) as a natural plant extract attracts increasing research interest due to its presence in many different human dietary sources, due to a wide range of biological activity, health benefits and preventive effects of health ailments.
Resveratrol is a nonflavonoid polyphenol phytonutrient that belongs to a class of polyphenolic compounds called stilbenes. More than 70 different plant species produce resveratrol as a protective mechanism in response to fungal infection, UV radiation, heat, stress. Resveratrol is a potential ingredient that supports several aspects of human health and wellness.
Resveratrol benefits were first discovered when research revealed longer life spans of organisms fed resveratrol compared to control groups.
WHICH ARE THE FOODS THAT CONTAIN RESVERATROL?
Resveratrol is found in grapes, red wine, grape juice, peanuts, cocoa, pistachios, dark chocolate, berries including blueberries, bilberries and cranberries.
ZENITH NUTRITION RESVERATOL
Zenith Nutrition Resveratrol is a high-quality, all-natural dietary supplement that contains resveratrol extracted from the grape skin. Each serving provides 60mg of resveratrol concentrated to 95%.
The vegetarian supplement is suitable for both men and women and does not contain sugar, preservatives, corn, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten. The supplement has gone through extensive testing for purity, potency and quality.
IS IT SAFE TO SUPPLEMENT WITH RESVERATROL?
Yes, the research on resveratrol is promising. There have been positive results from research studies supporting taking resveratrol as a supplement. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory potential of this plant compound supports wide-ranging health benefits.
WHY TAKE RESVERATROL SUPPLEMENT?
Although resveratrol is available in various sort of dietary foods like grapes, berries etc, it is found in a very low percentage. This means you’ll need to consume huge amounts procure the benefits.
Resveratrol concentration in 0.16–3.54 μg/g in grapes, 0.02–1.92 μg/g in peanuts, 0.1 – 14.3 μg/g in red wine, and 524 μg/g in Japanese knotweed.
Like most nutrients, getting enough resveratrol from diet alone is practically not possible.
Supplementing with good quality resveratrol is an easy and strategic way to get the powerful, concentrated benefits of the compound. Furthermore, taking it as a supplement allows you to control the amount your body needs to stay healthy.
IS GRAPE SEED EXTRACT & RESVERATROL ONE & THE SAME?
Both being potent polyphenolic antioxidants have similar actions in the body. While grape seed extract is extracted from the seeds of grapes, resveratrol is derived from the skin of grapes (those used to make red wine).
IS THERE A RESTRICTION ON THE DURATION OF USE OF RESVERATROL?
No, there is no research evidence making such claims about resveratrol. It is safe to consume it on a regular basis for a vast array of health benefits.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FIND RESULTS OF RESVERATROL?
The results of resveratrol supplements purely depend on what reason you’re using the supplement. If you are using it for general health benefits, you will find results in one to two weeks. If you are using it for a specific purpose, then it takes several weeks to months to see the results.
RESVERATROL PROVIDES POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT DEFENSE
Resveratrol is revered for its potent antioxidant benefits. Our body is constantly exposed to free radicals from various factors like stress, environmental pollution, all of which increase levels of reactive oxygen species. Oxidative stress which results from the imbalance between free radicals is responsible for some of the things that go along with your body’s age-related changes. Increased ROS can cause a chain of chemical reaction in the body called oxidation which can damage vital organs.
1. Effectively scavenges free radicals and oxidants.
2. Helps induce antioxidant enzymes, including superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase and by the production of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADPH).
3. Resveratrol has been found to inhibit inflammatory enzymes.
RESVERATROL SUPPORTS CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH
Resveratrol’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties act as the first line of defense to modulate determinants that are linked with cardiovascular risk. Resveratrol offers effective protection and ensures that your heart remains healthy.
1. Helps improve lipid profile and cholesterol levels.
2. Helps up-regulate a variety of antioxidant enzymes and reduce the risk of inflammation.
3. Stimulates the activity of sirtuins, which regulate the expression of genes involved in stress response.
4. Helps prevent the damage caused to blood vessels due to high blood pressure.
5. Can stimulate the amount of NO (nitric oxide) which increases vasodilation in the endothelium.
RESVERATROL BENEFITS HEALTHY SKIN
Our skin is the largest organ in the body, which performs as our first line of defense against environmental stressors and pollutants. Resveratrol actively penetrates the skin barrier and is highly effective in combating the damaging effects of free radicals that contribute to signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles.
1. Protects skin from oxidative stress, reduces wrinkles and improves skin texture.
2. Rejuvenates dull complexion, soothes and minimizes redness, offers protection from UV damage.
3. Supports the growth of healthy skin cells and promotes healthy skin structure.
4. Has powerful anti-aging properties which help slow down the aging process of the skin.
5. Helps lighten hyperpigmentation of the skin, repairs your skin and helps maintain a youthful appearance.
6. Its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial properties keep skin free from breakouts and acne.
RESVERATROL SUPPORTS BRAIN HEALTH
Caring for brain health is crucial for long-term health. Resveratrol has the ability to penetrate the blood-brain barrier to offer a potent ingredient for protecting brain health.
1. Can prevent oxidative damage caused by free radicals on brain cells and reduce neural inflammation.
2. Can modulate several signalling pathways that may enable significant improvements in concentration, focus, and reduction in memory loss.
3. Helps improve cerebral flow, keeping brain cells better oxygenated.
4. Regulates levels of neurotransmitters, dopamine and serotonin.
5. Can protect and enhance brain health and function.
RESVERATROL CAN ENHANCE ENDURANCE
One of the most studied mechanisms of resveratrol is its ability to increase endurance. Like any other organ of our body, the mitochondria are subject to free radical damage. Mitochondria are the power units of the cell and ultimately the body.
1. Fights free radical damage on the mitochondria.
2. Improves glucose and lipid metabolism.
3. Helps increase muscular endurance.
4. Increases AMPK (Activate Protein Kinase), which plays a vital role in governing cellular energy homeostasis.
5. Resveratrol when taken together with exercise helps improve skeletal muscle oxidative capacity.
RESVERATROL BENEFITS WEIGHT LOSS
Obesity is concluded by studies as a significant health risk for a number of serious health issues. While the causes for obesity are varied, resveratrol has proven to be effective to combat excess unwanted weight. Resveratrol is known to have an antiobesogenic effect as it mimics energy restriction.
1. Can significantly reduce body mass index and waist circumference.
2. Helps reduce fat mass while significantly increasing lean muscles.
3. Improves glucose regulation and insulin sensitivity.
4. Protects you from the harmful effects of a high-calorie diet.