Apr 05, 2021
Ashwagandha And Ginseng Benefits
AshwagandhaThe oldest herb used in Indian Ayurveda for over 3000 years, is a household name today. It is known as an all-rounder herb, because it helps with building immunity, arthritis, reduces the progression of neurodegenerative diseases, and also reduces stress.
Another oldest known root used in Chinese medicine dates back to over 2000 years, is also a household name. Ginseng helps with preventing and managing diabetes, aids weight loss, improves the health of skin and hair, reduces stress, and improves overall immunity.
Ashwagandha and Ginseng have been individually used in traditional medicines to bring a positive change to one’s health. There have been many studies and trials conducted to help the modern world understand their benefits and make the best use of them. Now, ever wondered about the benefits of these herbs, and what would happen if they were put together? Well, the benefits would just magnify. Zenith Nutrition’sGinseng WithAshwagandha was conceptualized to bring out the best of both Ashwagandha and Ginseng.
- PromotesEnergy - It is a common sight to see people getting tired easily, the reasons for which can be many. Irrespective of the reason, it can be seen that Ashwagandha and Ginseng both aid in fighting fatigue and promote energy in the body.
- Improves brain function and memory - Imprinting, retaining, and recalling information is a very important human trait and so, having a poor memory can be demotivating and stressful. Ashwagandha and Ginseng both have properties that help in improving memory, behavior, and also elevating one’s mood. It is also seen to be prescribed for the treatment of depression to help in reducing the symptoms and aiding in the easy recovery.
- Reduces inflammation - Arthritis, obesity, asthma, neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease are all caused due to inflammation. Ashwagandha and Ginseng, both have anti-inflammatory properties, which help lower the effects of the ailments, thereby providing positive relief to the affected individuals.
- Acts as an Antioxidant - Both Ashwagandha and Ginseng have antioxidant properties that help protect the nerve cells from harmful free radicals. Withaferin, a compound in Ashwagandha is found to impede the growth of new cancer cells. Ginsenosides, a compound in Ginseng is found to prevent abnormal cell production and growth, thereby decreasing the risk of certain kinds of cancer.
- Reduces anxiety and stress - Cortisol, a stress hormone is released into the system when you are stressed and both Ashwagandha and Ginseng have properties that reduce the level of cortisol in the body, thereby reducing chances of stress-induced ailments.
- Boosts immunity - A healthy body can fight against any ailments and Ashwagandha and Ginseng aid in building immunity. Ashwagandha is known to increase the production of antibodies and Ginseng is known to enhance resistance to illness or microbial attacks. There have been many studies around cancer patients to see if these herbs can be helpful for them and the tests have been positive, giving a ray of hope for the success in the treatment of cancer.
Knowing the benefits, one would wonder about the side-effects of both Ashwagandha and Ginseng. Ashwagandha and Ginseng are both known to cause headaches, upset tummy, nervousness in some people. However, the side-effects of both are not much seen/noted, as they have been used as an alternative medicine for a long time.
Who can consume this supplement?
Well, as a supplement, anyone who wants to build their immunity, improve their memory, or just stay healthy, can use this. Understanding the benefits of both Ashwagandha and Ginseng, one would be curious to know if ingesting a supplement like this will be damaging to one’s health. Well, you can rest assured that since both these herbs are naturally derived, they do not cause any adverse effects. Also, since the combination of both the herbs has been in the right quantities, they will only bring about a positive change in your health.
Please note that if you are already on medications to treat blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, cancer, and any other ailments, discussion with the family doctor about the intake of Ashwagandha and Ginseng supplements is always recommended.