Top 3 Dietary Supplements That Are Beneficial For Women
id you know that women need more nutrition than men? Surprising, but true. It is mostly because women tend to over-work neglecting their own selves. Nothing more than that. Actually, nutrition intake is not gender-based, but women definitely need more nutritional intake than men for the following reasons:
- Menstrual cycles can cause a lack of iron and energy in the body. Supplements help in replenishing the nutrients required therein.
- Pregnancy, a wonderful time in every women’s life requires her to take in supplements of various kinds - folic acids and vitamins to help her stay healthy and the baby to grow healthy.
- Menopause, yet another significant milestone in a women’s life causes many hormonal changes, which need the right supplements to deal with.
- Post-menopause, a woman is susceptible to various health-related issues such as heart issues, osteoporosis, and other complications.
As you see, the above are some of the main reasons that conclude that women do need additional supplements to help them. Now that we understand the reasons that contribute towards the need.
Let us see what the supplements that are beneficial for women are.
- Calcium: One of the important nutrients that are needed by the body is calcium because the bones need to be strong. It is seen that the calcium in women in their late 30s tends to start reducing, therefore calcium supplements are a must these days to avoid osteoporosis later in life.
- Vitamins: Vitamin D, B, C, and E are some of the important nutrients that are required by the women’s body a little more than others. Since many women are indoors most of the time, their Vitamin D levels tend to be below the normal range. Low levels of Vitamin D in the body could cause weaker bones, cancer, and heart ailments. As in Vitamin C and E, they are required by the body to help build the immune system. Vitamin B on the other hand can keep her energized.
- Iron: This is an extremely important nutrient that is required by women, who are vegetarians or vegans.
Women, call her by anytime - mom, wife, sister, daughter, has always been known to be the epicenter of the family. She does a lot of multi-tasking and takes care of the entire household. If she falls sick, the entire rhythm of the house is lost, therefore, women definitely need to stay healthy and fit and supplements are just a means to maintain a nutritional balance in the body. Many supplements are formulated especially for women and are available in any dietary supplement store.