Aug 02, 2021
ULTRA PROBIOTIC – Superior Comprehensive Support For Gut Health
robiotics, discovered in the early 1880s, are named after the Latin word, ‘pro’, which means ‘for’ and the Greek word ‘biotic’ meaning ‘ life’.
Although bacteria and other microorganisms are often thought of as harmful, many are actually helpful.
The intestinal microbiota is a collection of microorganisms that live within the gastrointestinal tract and perform many health-promoting functions. Probiotics, which are the good bacteria help restore gut microbiota and are intended to offer health benefits when consumed.
Probiotic supplements contain live bacterial strains similar to those naturally found in our bodies.
ZENITH NUTRITION ULTRA PROBIOTIC
Zenith Nutrition Ultra probiotic is a premium, targeted formula that contains a specialized blend of strains designed to condition your gut microbiome. The supplement offers superior comprehensive gut support in a convenient capsule. Each capsule provides 16 live bacterial strains with 40 billion CFUs. The supplement is GMP-certified, Non-GMO, tested for quality, potency and is suitable for both men and women.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PROBIOTIC, PREBIOTIC, ANTIBIOTIC & SYNBIOTIC?
- Probiotics are live microorganisms (good bacteria) that help fight bad bacteria from taking up space and nutrients from the gut. Probiotics help improve general health.
- Prebiotics are not bacteria but instead, they are non-digestible food ingredient that selectively stimulates the growth and activity of helpful bacteria in the colon and thus beneficially affects the host.
- Synbiotics are a combination of both probiotics and prebiotics that beneficially affects the host by improving the survival and activity of beneficial microorganisms in the gut.
- Antibiotics are antimicrobial agent active against bacteria that although are helpful are not selective, they kill both harmful and helpful bacteria at the same time.
WHY TAKE PROBIOTIC SUPPLEMENT?
Trillion of bacteria reside in our gut which are collectively called the gut microbiome. These microbes live is harmonious equilibrium, with a balance between beneficial and pathogenic bacteria.
Certain lifestyle factors such as infections, excessive use of antibiotics, regular consumption of processed/sugary foods, alcohol, stress, chemical pollution typically form bad bacteria in the gut, which will affect the equilibrium.
Probiotic supplements are a way to add good bacteria to your body.
ARE ALL PROBIOTICS THE SAME? HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST PROBIOTIC?
All probiotics are not the same.
- To choose the right probiotic supplement for you, you have to look at the number of strains in the formulation, the potency, and whether a delivery system exists.
- A delivery system is an enteric coating, which is a polymer barrier applied to protect the bacteria and to prevent its dissolution or disintegration in the acidic environment in the stomach and keep them alive until they arrive in the intestine.
- Most probiotic supplements do not offer a delivery system. Without a proper delivery system, bacteria get destroyed in the harsh acidic gastric environment.
- The probiotic supplement you choose should guarantee the bacteria are alive until the expiry date. A probiotic with dead bacteria in the capsule will not offer any health benefits to the individual taking them.
- It is suggested to pick a probiotic with a high count of colony-forming units (CFU) such as 15 to 100 billion and which contains strains (between 10 and 30).
- The supplement must indicate the strains included and information on storage type.
- Always buy the supplement from renowned sellers who offer quality and safety-assurance.
ARE PROBIOTICS SAFE?
The expanding scientific research indicates that since microbes used as probiotics in supplements already naturally exist in our body, probiotic supplements are considered safe.
Probiotics have an extensive history of apparent safe use in healthy people.
*Probiotics may cause side effects to people taking multiple drugs, or those suffering from severe illnesses and compromised immune systems.
CAN PROBIOTIC & ANTIBIOTIC BE TAKEN TOGETHER?
Some healthcare professionals recommend taking probiotics while taking antibiotics. This will help a person to re-populate lost gut bacteria before it's too late. By taking a probiotic at the same time as an antibiotic, a person is being proactive, rather than reactive.
It is important for you to note that probiotics should be taken 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking your antibiotic otherwise they may cancel each other’s effect.
DO PROBIOTICS EASE CONSTIPATION?
Yes, probiotics are considered safe and effective to relieve constipation.
Constipation includes symptoms like reduced stool frequency, sensation of incomplete evacuation, stomach cramps, hard stool consistency or difficulty passing stool. Dysbiosis (imbalance of gut microbiome) has been noted to be present in case of constipation.
Probiotics may affect gut motility and ease constipation through their impact on gut microbiota. They produce short chain fatty acids as a result of bacterial fermentation of carbohydrates in the gut. These short chain fatty acids are suggested to enhance colonic motility. Probiotics increase production of lactic acid which reduces pH of the colon. This stimulates peristalsis and reduces colon transit time.
DO PROBIOTICS HELP IN WEIGHT LOSS?
According to studies, poor gut health has links to obesity. A gut enriched with healthy microbiome helps break down and digest food. A case of dysbiosis will lead to undernourishment which gives signals for you to eat more until you get the right amount of nutrition.
- Probiotics are thought to promote weight loss by:
- Increasing the amount of dietary fat that is being released by the body.
- By regulating the way our body responds to hunger hormone.
- By reducing the amount of food needed by our bodies due to the correct digestion and metabolism of any amount of food.
- Probiotics change the way the body utilizes macronutrients for fuel, which can help the body to efficiently burn fat for fuel.
DO PROBIOTICS ENHANCE IMMUNE RESPONSE?
Immune system plays a vital role in keeping the body healthy by maintaining a proper balance between eliminating invading pathogens and maintenance of tolerance to being healthy. The importance of gastrointestinal tract in modulating the immune health has been increasingly recognized.
Probiotic supplements enhance immune response by:
- Blocking the pathogenic bacterial effects by producing bactericidal substances.
- By enhancing intestinal epithelial barrier function.
- By modulating pathogen-induced inflammation.
- By stimulating protective responses from intestinal epithelial cells.
- By competing with pathogens and toxins for adherence to the intestinal epithelium.
WHAT ARE THE OTHER USES OF PROBIOTICS?
- Ensure food is properly digested
- Improve nutrient absorption
- Reduce inflammation of gut
- Remove the side effects of pathogens
- Protect from food allergies
- Relieves symptoms of indigestion like gas, bloating & constipation, vomiting, diarrohea, bloating, food allergies, dairy intolerance (lactose intolerance or milk allergy)
- Help reduce metabolic disorders
- Help improve mood